Monday, May 17, 2010

Tao Te Ching Chapter 38-10 Lost righteousness


Today's Tao

Having lost righteousness, there is politeness. (Ch.38)


A: "I will do anything to protect my family."

B: "Fine. But what happened to your righteousness? I suppose you were fighting to save the planet or something."

A": "Now I am fighting for my family. I don't care about someone else's righteousness. By the way, you forgot to say hello to my son."

B: "Oh! Excuse me. I was not polite."

A: "Certainly you are not polite. Listen. My family is my colony. It is my territory. If you are not polite to any of my family members, I will consider it an attack to my kingdom."


Do we really have to accept a man like this one?

My answer is "Yes."

By accepting him, we turn our prayer wheel, which is called the world.


«Related Articles»
-The highest attainment 38-1
-The lowest attainment 38-2
-No trace of act 38-3
-Mercy 38-4
-The highest righteousness 38-5
-Politeness 38-6
-Lost Tao 38-7
-Lost attainment 38-8
-Lost mercy 38-9
-Lost righteousness 38-10
-Disorder 38-11
-Foreknowledge 38-12
-Thick and Thin 38-13
-Tao's Flower 38-14
-Leave it 38-15
-Tao by Matsumoto / Tao Te Ching / Chapter 38


Tao answers your question!



Previous video / Ch.38 text / Next video


-Dogen will teach you what Zen is. The movie «Zen» will tell you about Dogen's life. Daisetz Suzuki will teach you what Zen is in a way modern people can understand.

No comments: