Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tao Te Ching Chapter 38-5 The highest righteousness


Today's Tao

The highest righteousness is doing it and leaving the trace of the act. (Ch.38)


"I am saving the planet. What are you doing now?"

"I am helping the poor children. What are you doing now?"

"I am fighting against injustice. What are you doing now?"

"I am fighting for my country's righteousness. What are you doing now?"

When people shout them at you, can you really say:

"I am doing nothing."

Let's practice.

"Uh, uh, you are saving the planet. Fine, but for what? I am doing nothing."

"Uh, uh, you are saving the poor children. Fine, but for what? I am doing nothing."

"Uh, uh, you are fighting against injustice. Fine, but for what? I am doing nothing."

"Uh, uh, you are fighting for your country's righteousness. Fine, but why do you have to cry it out?"


«Related Articles»
-The highest attainment 38-1
-The lowest attainment 38-2
-No trace of act 38-3
-Mercy 38-4
-The highest righteousness 38-5
-Politeness 38-6
-Lost Tao 38-7
-Lost attainment 38-8
-Lost mercy 38-9
-Lost righteousness 38-10
-Disorder 38-11
-Foreknowledge 38-12
-Thick and Thin 38-13
-Tao's Flower 38-14
-Leave it 38-15
-Tao by Matsumoto / Tao Te Ching / Chapter 38


Tao answers your question!



Previous video / Ch.38 text / Next video


-Ogai Mori spent some time in Germany as a student (1884 - 1888). There he experienced individualism. He looked at himself as an object and wrote «Vita Sexualis». What a difference it is between Japanese minds with and without modernism!

No comments: